I scream, you scream, we all scream for SNOW CREAM!
School is cancelled, the stores are closed, and every inch of the outdoors has transformed into a beautiful winter wonderland that is reminiscent of Narnia.
One of the most fun things about the frosty weather isn’t just playing outside and building snowmen, but getting a taste of the snow! A tradition in many southern households is the making of sweet snow cream.
This delicious wintery dessert only requires four ingredients (including snow!) So grab your mixing bowl and gloves and enjoy this sweet snowy treat with your whole family!
What you’ll need:
- 5 Cups of Snow
- 1 Cup of Milk
- ½ Cup of Sugar
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Set out a large mixing bowl to catch the snow as it falls (or collect snow from clean surfaces, being sure to avoid places with dirt and leaves)
- In a small bowl, mix milk, sugar, and vanilla extract until all of the sugar is dissolved and vanilla is incorporated completely in the liquid mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, slowly pour the milk and sugar mixture over roughly 5 cups of snow, making sure the liquid is spread evenly through the snow.
- Spoon and serve in small bowls and enjoy!
- Optional: top with sprinkles, mini marshmallows, or your favorite ice cream topping
We hope you and your family stay warm and safe throughout the winter season!