Happy Independence Day!
It is no wonder that the Fourth of July is a favorite holiday of many. Time with family, delicious food, outdoor festivities, and, of course, fireworks make this day one to look forward to.
Whether you are spending the afternoon grilling out with friends and family or sitting under the stars for a fireworks show, having the right outfit is a MUST. What if this year you didn’t just stick to the typical american flag shirt?
Why just watch the fireworks when you can wear them? In this DIY, you will get to make your very own fireworks tie-dye t-shirt!
What you’ll need:
- White t-shirt
- Red and Blue tie-dye kit (with gloves, mix, and rubber bands)
- Glitter Puffy Paint
- Lots of towels and paper to protect surfaces
How to make it:
- Decide on your design (we’ve created the bulls-eye and the spiral here)
- Tie shirt accordingly
- Saturate shirt with dye
- Let sit for 6-8 hours
- Rinse out dye until water runs clear
- Let dry
- Apply puffy paint in spiral fireworks pattern
- Set to dry for 1-2 hours
- Let freedom ring
- Begin by grabbing a small section from the center of your t-shirt (roughly 2 inches)
- Tie rubber band to mark off this section
- Continue tying rubber bands ever 2-3 inches down shirt until you have sectioned and tied the entire shirt
- Begin by pinching a small section in the center of the shirt and slowly twisting shirt into a “cinnamon roll” form
- Once your shirt is completely twisted, section shirt into wedges with rubber bands
- Alternate colors along each wedge of your shirt
As you celebrate Independence day in style, we hope that you enjoy a day alongside loved ones and friends!Be sure to follow us on Pinterest for more fun DIY activities for the whole family!