Two-Weeks = More Big-Time Over-the-Top Moments
So, your camper has completed their final year at WinShape Camps for Boys at Cleveland and doesn’t want their WinShape journey to end just quite yet. Or, maybe you loved your one-week experience at Cleveland so much and wish you could have stayed for longer? Then stay tuned, because we have just the camp experience for you!
Over 30 years ago, we launched our first overnight camp on the campus of Berry College in Rome, GA. In whatever form you have experienced WinShape Camps, whether it was at WinShape Camps for Communities or one of our overnight locations, our mission has always been the same – to create experiences that transform campers and families with the message of Jesus.
Sending your camper to camp for two weeks is a big deal. As an organization, we recognize that when you drop your kids off at camp, we are assuming a GREAT responsibility and want every parent to feel confident on Spectacular Starting Sunday! To do this we wanted you to hear firsthand from a family that has made this leap. The Blythe family has been a part of the WinShape Nation for a considerable amount of time, and their three boys, Reece (5th grade), Rhett (7th grade), and Ryder (10th grade), started their journey at WinShape Camps for Boys at Cleveland. Once their oldest son Ryder aged out, they all decided to make the switch to two-week camp at Mount Berry. We hope that their responses to these questions help YOU make the decision on whether our two-week WinShape Camps for Boys at Mt. Berry is right for your family!
We’ve Got Questions, The Blythe Family Has Answers…
What was your experience like at Cleveland? What were some of your favorite camp activities?
- Reece – “My favorite camp activity was Sock War because we got to be super competitive with the other squads! I also enjoyed all the outside sports we got to do at camp.”
- Rhett – “Singing our squad song was one of my favorite activities. I also loved Sock-War and how when you WON your tribe got to hold the title until the next year!”
- Ryder – “Cleveland was super fun! I like how you can win awards like honor camper at the end of the week. My favorite activity was Whiffle Ball!”
When did you make the switch from Cleveland (one week) to Mount Berry (two weeks)?
- Rhett – “When my oldest brother Ryder aged out of Cleveland and went to two-week camp for boys at Mount Berry, we all made the transition. Ryder was moving to high school, I was finishing 6th grade, and Reece was finishing 4th grade.”
What was one camp theme that you loved or meant a lot to you?
“We really liked the HOPE theme from 2015. The theme verse from 2 Corinthians 4:18 reminds us to not look at what is present in the world, but at what God has to offer us. We always want to look at the things we have and want, but the most important things are those that God has to offer us in eternal life.”
After attending camp at Cleveland, what was it like making the transition to Mt. Berry? What did you feel when walking onto campus for the first time?
- Reece- “I was super nervous! I was worried about making friends, but when I got into my room, I realized 2 of my friends from school were there too!! God works in funny ways! Then I started getting to know my counselors (who were super cool) and I started making NEW friends. I had a ton of fun and was sad to leave. We asked our parents if we could go back for another 2 weeks at the end of the summer!!”
- Rhett – “I was a bit worried because two weeks was the longest time that I had been away from my family. But when I got there, I quickly bonded with my counselors and made new friends. I was able to deepen my faith more over the 2 weeks and was sad when it was time to leave!”
What are some of your favorite things about WinShape Camps for Boys at Mount Berry?
- Reece – “I really loved the additional activities that we got to do – it gave me a chance to do more unfamiliar things like horseback riding!”
- Rhett – “I enjoyed the larger variety of camp activities with two weeks. This last year I got a stomach bug while I was there, and I wasn’t worried because the nurses were so wonderful.”
- Ryder: “Definitely the activities! Horseback riding, swimming in the lake, and “Counsel of The Wild” (where all age groups compete in a song competition) were all awesome experiences!”
What would say to someone thinking about attending Mount Berry this summer?
- Reece – “Do it! It’s such a great time!! Even if you’re nervous, the counselors and nurses are the best! By the end of the week, I promise you will want to stay longer!!”
- Rhett – “By the end of the two weeks you will wish it lasted for FOREVER! There are tons of fun camp activities that will make the time feel like it flies by! You will make new friends and get to see old friends – it’s a super special experience.”
- Ryder – “Even if you are nervous, by day 2 you will be super excited to be there!! Camp activities literally run from morning until night, but it’s not like school – you will love everything you do! Over the years I have made tons of new friends – people from all over the US even.. and I wouldn’t have gotten as close to them if we didn’t have so much time.”
We think Reece, Rhett, and Ryder did an INCREDIBLE job sharing their WinShape story! If you think that WinShape Camps for Boys at Mount Berry is right for your family, don’t wait! The Summer of a Lifetime is just a few clicks away. Register Now!
For more information, visit our website, or always feel free to contact our Customer Experience Team at 844-WSCAMPS (844-972-2677).