we're here to help
You're ready for your kid to experience the summer of a lifetime, but you have some questions. Check out the answers to frequently asked questions at our overnight camp locations. For location specific questions, scroll to the bottom of the page.
- What is the spiritual emphasis of WinShape Camps? At WinShape Camps, we want to help build strong character in the lives of young people; so we focus on creating a positive, Christian environment where our campers have fun as they make friends and learn more about God. Through daily worship, music, prayer, and devotions, we openly teach about who God is while sharing Biblical truths from His Word. Each WinShape Camps staff member is a follower of Jesus Christ who will continually strive to model Christ-like behavior for all of our campers. However, we absolutely respect each individual camper’s right to make their own decisions regarding important spiritual matters.
- How do I register a camper? Camper registration can be accessed online by visiting www.winshapecamps.org and selecting Register Now. For new campers, select First-Time Camper on the login page and follow the steps to completion. For returning campers, insert your email address and password on the login page. Follow the process to select a new session for your camper, pay your deposit, and update your camper’s information. Upon our receipt of the non-refundable deposit and completion of registration, you will receive an e-mail of confirmation. If you are not able to register online, you can call our office at the above number and we can take your registration over the phone. Please note that this process, depending on how many campers you are registering, can take 15 minutes or more. The deposit is non-refundable once the camper is registered and cannot be carried over beyond the current camp year.
- What payment methods do you accept? Fees may be paid online via VISA, Master Card, Discover, or American Express. Cash and check will be accepted on-site only if you are registering on the first day of camp.
- Does WinShape Camps for Communities accept children with special needs? We do not have a program specifically for campers with special needs. Under some circumstances, we can accommodate some special needs during our regular camp sessions. Let us know if your camper needs a shadow, and if you are willing to provide one. If needed, please contact the local church host in order to see if they can provide one to assist your camper. Please know that we will do our best to support your child, but if your camper is not able to fully participate in our program, unfortunately, we will need to send your child home.
- Must my camper have a physical? No. However, you will need to fill out the medical form on-line and attach a copy of your insurance card. We must have a copy of your insurance card. Campers will not be admitted without a completed medical form.
- What is your policy on behavioral problems? Parents will be contacted if there is a continuous problem of non-participation in the program, bullying, stealing, telling off-color stories or using inappropriate language, or any other behavior that detracts from the Christian and wholesome environment the camp wishes to provide. Profanity is prohibited. Violent, threatening, dishonest, dangerous, negative or otherwise unsatisfactory behavior on the part of the camper could lead to his or her dismissal from camp. Our honor code, which we ask all staff/volunteers and campers to abide by, is “Because I want to honor God, I will: be honest, be positive, and show respect to other campers, staff, and property”.
Don't see the answer you're looking for? Check out the location specific FAQs above or give us a call at 844-WS-CAMPS (972-2677).