We’re so excited for camp this summer – camp together, in person, inside and outside and alongside our best friends. That’s the way it’s supposed to be!
Kids were made for this – for adventure and making friends and epic moments that just can’t be experienced behind a screen.
That’s why we’re doing everything we can to make in-person camp a reality this year, even if that means camp looking a little different. On this page you’ll find an overview of the current changes we have in place for this summer - all designed to keep staff, campers and families safe.
Keep scrolling for camp-wide and location-specific updates.
Want the Latest Information?
Download the WinShape Camps App
**Updated Regularly. Last Update February 23, 2021**
Latest Monthly Video Update
Released February 22nd, 2021. Next video set to be released at the end of March.
Introducing WinShape Camps for Families!
We’re excited to announce we’re launching WinShape Camps for Families at Cohutta Springs in 2021. More information coming soon, registration will open March 17th at 9am ET.
Guidelines for All Camp Locations
- Registration Caps: We have worked with each camp location across the country to set caps on the amount of campers per square foot that will be allowed in the facilities we use.
- Dropoff/Pickup: We are modifying the drop-off and pick-up experiences to be safer, faster, and more efficient for your family. These may look different across camp locations based on local guidelines, but they’ll still be FUN!
Note: As of now, c
We’re changing up the way we do Skills as part of a bigger effort to keep campers safe. These changes will apply to both overnight and day camps.
- Usually, a camper selects their Skills early on in the year through our registration system.
- We then take those choices to place them in some of their preferred Skills, and once they get to camp they are in different Skills with different campers each time.
- However, because we are working to keep groups more separated this year, campers will travel in what we are calling a Family Group, and they’ll do Skills together with those in their Family Group.
- You will not select Skills through our registration system like normal. This is intentional.
- This change will allow campers to experience more Skills than ever!
Keep scrolling for some location-specific updates!
Register Worry Free
See our updated cancellation policy for 2021
All Overnight Camps
- Healthy Camp Starts at Home Resource: Check out this handy resource for ways you can prevent COVID-19 from spreading by preparing for camp in advance.
- WinShape Camps for Families: We’ve added a brand new program for families this summer! This is a great option for families not ready to send their camper off on their own just yet! More information coming soon!
- Open House: This year we are changing Open House to an online Q&A format, including virtual options to tour your camp location’s campus. This virtual event will take place on Saturday, April 24. More details will come via email, and a link to register will be shared on our social media channels in the coming weeks.
- Parent/Camper Handbook: Because the Parent/Camper Handbook won’t be emailed until April to allow for the most up-to-date information to be shared, we have released our Camp-Wide Events (Nite Lifes, Late Nites, etc.) early so you can go ahead and start planning! Find those by visiting the blog page on our website.
- Pre-Camp Testing: We are currently considering COVID-19 test requirements for overnight campers prior to their registered week of camp. More guidance will be shared closer to camp season if a decision is made to require this precaution for campers.
Location Specific Updates: WinShape Camps for Girls and Boys at Mt. Berry
- For Summer 2021 we’ve decided to divide our two-week sessions at Mount Berry and make them one-week sessions, which will allow us to essentially cut our number of campers on campus at one time in half.
- This gives us plenty of physical space on campus to provide an incredible camp experience while keeping our campers safe and healthy.
- Families will have the choice to pick either the first or second week of their registered session to attend this summer.
- The exceptions to this plan are our adventure cohorts, the Taiga Village (formerly Creek) and Elk Pack (formerly Sioux), which will remain two-week experiences this summer.
- The change in session length will be reflected in a new, reduced price of $824 with the exception of Taiga Village and Elk Pack mentioned above.
- We are also going to keep our girls and boys camp programs completely separate this summer in an effort to reduce contact where possible, and more details on what those measures will look like will be shared in an upcoming monthly update.
- This is not a permanent change. We love our two-week sessions! The shift to one-week sessions is a necessary change to this summer only as we work to find ways to do camp safely.
- Families who want to send their camper for 2 weeks still may choose to look at our one-week programs at Young Harris, Cleveland, or Cohutta Springs.
- Watch this video for more information.
Previous Video Updates