Calling all outdoor enthusiasts!
Whether you’re out on the trails or are planning your next adventure, having the proper snacks is a must. Finding snacks that are easy, yummy and filling can be challenging – especially for those of us with dietary restrictions.
Believe us when we say that we understand how difficult it can be! We at WinShape Camps operate under a strict nut-free policy, meaning that any nut-containing foods are not allowed on any of our overnight camp properties. While this ensures that all of our campers are safe, it limits the types of snacks our campers can bring to camp.
Have no fear! We’ve created this healthy and delicious nut-free trail mix, which is sure to leave any adventurer happy and satisfied.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this sweet and salty mixture:
- 1 cup Granola (make sure you choose a nut-free variety. We used Kashi Go-Lean for extra crunch)
- 1 cup Pretzels
- 1 cups Popcorn
- 1/2 cup Craisins (or any other dried fruit you like)
- 1 cup Apple Chips (or any other crunchy dried fruit alternative)
- ½ cup Sunflower Kernels
How to make it:
- Begin by mixing sunflower kernels and Craisins in a small bowl and set aside
- In a large bowl, stir together granola, pretzels and popcorn
- Stir in apple chips
- Top with sunflower kernels/craisin mixture
- Store in to-go containers or plastic baggies for convenient carrying throughout all your adventures!