Kickoff week is upon us! One of our favorite parts of WinShape Camps for Communities is our camp culture and Village spirit. Each of our campers is placed into different villages based on his or her age group. Our oldest village, Galaxy, is made up of campers in completed grades 8-9. To celebrate this special village, we thought it would be fun to make a tiny solar system small enough to fit in any Galaxy camper’s room!
Here’s how you can make your own galaxy in a jar:
What you’ll need:
- Food coloring
- Glitter or glitter paint
- Cotton balls
- Cup to stir colors
What to do:
- Begin by filling the bottom of your jar with a layer of cotton balls
- Sprinkle glitter on top of the cotton ball layer.
- In a separate cup, mix food coloring and water, then pour the diluted color mixture over the first layer of cotton balls.
- Repeat the first two steps using different colors until you have completely filled the jar with multi-colored layers
- Use a stick to gently stir the colors
- Add a splash of water to the mixture and gently shake the jar to distribute the glitter and colors