Valentine’s Day is just around the corner!
While we may only be days away, but that doesn’t mean that you’ve figured out what you’re giving to your special someone. If you’re in the same boat as many of us, you’re probably dreaming up how in the world you’re going to find the perfect gift for the most important people in your life. Instead of running straight to the card-aisle of the nearest drugstore, give your loved ones something handmade and personalized just for them!
Here’s how to make your own pop-up Valentine’s Day card!
What you’ll need:
- Construction paper
- Printer Paper
- Markers, Pens, Crayons or Colored Pencils (depending on your preference)
How to make it:
- Start by folding one sheet of construction paper down the middle to form the initial card-like shape (think “hamburger style”)
- Cut two parallel slits, about one inch thick, near the middle of the card, along the folded line
- Unfold your card and push the middle slits inward, so that they appear to be cut outs when the card is folded
- With a separate sheet of paper, draw and cut out designs that you want to pop up when the card is opened (We made flowers, hearts, and nice phrases for our pop ups)
- Glue your cut outs to the folded slits so that they stand up when the card is opened
- Fold a second sheet of construction paper in half, writing messages and drawing pictures that you wish to be on the front cover of your card
- Attach the cover sheet to your pop up card to cover up the cut out slits
- Write a personal message on the inside of your card, letting the recipient know that you care for them!
Verses to include in your card:
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
- 1 Corinthians 13:13
- 1 John 3:18
- 1 John 4:7-12
This Valentine’s Day, don’t just tell your family and friends that you love them — show them! God commands us to demonstrate our love in all that we do, just as He has already done for us.