To say that 2017 has been a remarkable year in the WinShape Nation would be an understatement to say the least. This year alone, WinShape Camps shared the message of Jesus Christ with 33,433 campers across all camp locations throughout the United States. We are more than excited for Summer of 2018, as we unpack the theme Shepherd. However, it wouldn’t be fitting to ring in the New Year without highlighting some of the awesome things that happened in 2017!
Without further ado, here is a review of our top 17 from 2017 in the WinShape Nation.
- WSC for Communities opened its first stationary day camp location in Cobb County.
- WSC for Girls at Cohutta Springs held camp for the second year in a row, with a total of 168 campers.
- WSC for Communities hosted more than 28,000 new campers in cities across the United States.
- WSC overnight one week camps at Young Harris and Cleveland brought camp to more than 1,677 new campers.
- Both overnight camps at Mt. Berry saw 76% of our awesome campers return for another Summer of a Lifetime.
- Scholarships to camp were at a an all-time high in 2017! WSC for Communities brought nearly 19,500 scholarships to campers across all camp locations.
- We connected with more than 8,950 family members of our overnight campers on Chick-Fil-A Friday Family Fun Days this summer.
- Archery was the most popular skill at Mt. Berry Boys camp for the second year in a row.
- Senior campers at both WSC for Girls at Mt. Berry and Young Harris cooked to their hearts’ content in Sweet Shoppe and Gourmet Chef; the most popular skill at both locations.
- Splish Splash was the most popular — and wet — skill at WSC for Girls at Young Harris.
- Campers learned the art of hand-lettering in calligraphy, the most popular skill at WSC for Girls at Cohutta Springs.
- The three most popular skills at all WSC for Communities locations were: Archery, Wacky Science, and Fast Food.
- 165 Colleges and Universities were represented across all Summer Staffers at WinShape Camps this summer.
- Summer Staffers came from 28 different states across the U.S.
- 304 new staffers joined the WinShape Nation in 2017.
- WSC for Girls at Mt. Berry launched its first ever WinShape Weekend, featuring day-long water games and new recreation games that highlight camp culture.
- We already have hundreds of campers registered for summer of 2018! Don’t wait to sign up for your chance to bring a summer of fun and memories to your son or daughter!