Who doesn’t love playing with stretchy, squishy slime?
It's time for everyone's favorite skill: Wacky Science
While walking through Target the other day I saw a display of Elmer’s Glitter Glue and couldn’t resist picking up a bottle — in festive fall Orange, no less — to make my own portion of slime!
This fun and easy fall craft only requires 3 household ingredients and just about 10 minutes to make the glitziest slime you’ve ever seen!
Prepare to tap into your inner wacky scientist for this slimy experiment!
*note: gloves and goggles are not necessary (but are also not discouraged!)
- Start by pouring your glitter glue into a bowl
- Mix ½ Tablespoon of baking soda into glitter glue
- Add 1¼ Tablespoons of contact solution to mixture and stir well
- Slowly mix ingredients together until the mixture takes on a slimy texture and becomes more difficult to stir
- Once you are no longer able to stir the mixture, use hands to knead mixture together
- If the slime is still sticky, slowly incorporate contact solution in ¼ Tablespoon increments until it is no longer sticky
Store slime in plastic baggies or wrapped in plastic wrap to maintain ultimate sliminess!
- 6 oz. bottle of Elmer’s Glitter Glue
- ½ Tbs of baking soda
- 1 ¼ Tbs contact solution (we used Target’s Up&Up Clear Comfort Solution)
- Wacky Scientist Costume (optional)
Make sure to follow us on Pinterest for more fun fall activities to do with your family this week!